Tuesday, October 11, 2011
News: Lil Wayne's Substance Abuse Problem
Lil Wayne is finally admitting he had a substance abuse problem claiming he would frequently drink a codeine based drink called sizzurp because he was "sick."
Wayne said he first started drinking the stuff when he was a kid because one of his idols, Pimp C, would often rap about it.
But Lil Wayne claims he relied on sizzurp as he became more famous saying he needed the drink to help him cope with the pressure of being a celebrity.
Wayne insisted he quit using the stuff last year and in a video he explains he no longer needs it because, "I'm not sick anymore."
As for Pimp C he died from an accidental sizzurp overdose in 2007